Equipment: Rough Terrain: Telescopic 3m - 15m
Accrediting Body: ITSSAR
Level: Novice - first time operator who has no previous experience of Construction Equipment
Location: Leicester Training Facility / On Site
Course Duration: 3-5 Day(s)
Max Ratio 3 trainees per course
Cost: £750 + VAT per trainee
Find out more, email us at:
The aim of the course is to provide training and knowledge in the safe and efficient operation of a rough terrain vehicle with a boom below/over 9m (depending on course).
This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant statutory provisions.
- The Need to Train & Statutory Requirements
- Rated Capacities-Stability and instability
- Operating Safety Code & Site Safely Rules
- Film “The Correct, Approach”& “Site Safety”
- Multi Choice Theory Test
- Introduction to the Machine
- Control Familiarisation
- Daily Checks/Refuelling/Simple Maintenance
- Steering and Drive Modes
- Steering Procedures, (Un-laden and Laden)
- Load Weight Assessment
- Load Handling
- Use of Stabilisers (where applicable)
- Stacking and De-stacking Procedures
- Vehicle Loading/ Unloading
- Fitting and use of Attachments
- Practical Skills Test (based on Forum 2000 recommendations)of such
- Notebook and pen.
- Appropriate safety wear.
All other materials are provided on the course.