Equipment: Rough Terrain: Telescopic 3m - 15m
Accrediting Body: ITSSAR
Level: Experienced - Designed for the Operator who has had extensive practical experience, (longer than 12 months), but has had no formal training and does not hold a licence.
Location: Leicester Training Facility / On Site
Course Duration: 2-3 Day(s)
Max Ratio 3 trainees per course
Cost: £500 + VAT per trainee
Find out more, email us at:
The aim of the course is to provide training and knowledge in the safe and efficient operation of a rough terrain vehicle with a boom below/up to 9m (depending on course).
This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant statutory provisions.
- The Need to Train & Statutory Requirements
- Rated Capacities-Stability and instability
- Operating Safety Code & Site Safely Rules
- Film “The Correct, Approach”& “Site Safety”
- Multi Choice Theory Test
- Introduction to the Machine
- Control Familiarisation
- Daily Checks/Refuelling/Simple Maintenance
- Steering and Drive Modes
- Steering Procedures, (Un-laden and Laden)
- Load Weight Assessment
- Load Handling
- Use of Stabilisers (where applicable)
- Stacking and De-stacking Procedures
- Vehicle Loading/ Unloading
- Fitting and use of Attachments
- Practical Skills Test (based on Forum 2000 recommendations)of such
- Notebook and pen
- Appropriate safety wear
All other materials are provided on the course.
Testing & Certification
At the end of this course the standard ITSSAR practical and theoretical test where possible will be conducted for the equipment. This is the current recognised and recommended standards practical operators test. Operators are issued with an encapsulated wallet and full sized certificate. Companies are issued with an A4 sized certificate, the trainees original practical and theoretical test marking sheet, course record and written trainee report where appropriate, as proof of training.