Equipment: Boom & Scissor Lift
Accrediting Body: ITSSAR
Level: Novice - first time operator who has no previous experience of Construction Equipment
Location: Leicester Training Facility / On Site
Course Duration: 2 Day(s)
Max Ratio 3 trainees per course
Cost: £250 + VAT per trainee
To find out more, Contact Us
The aim of the course is to provide the theoretical and practical knowledge for correct handling of the specified equipment. This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant statutory provisions.
- Safety Awareness
- Introduction to MEWPs, types and components
- Pre use, pre travel and function checks
- Setting up the machine for work
- Practical operator training
- Achievement testing
- Trainees are not only shown how to use the machine but are trained to use it effectively, making them safe, capable and confident operators.
- Classroom training includes machine theory and practical examples, backed up by emphasis on the importance of health and safety.
- Notebook and pen
- Appropriate safety wear
All other materials are provided on the course.
Testing & Certification
At the end of this course the standard ITSSAR practical and theoretical test where possible will be conducted for the equipment. This is the current recognised and recommended standard practical operators test. Operators are issued with an encapsulated wallet and full sized certificate. Companies are issued with an A4 sized certificate, the trainees’ original practical and theoretical test marking sheet, course record and written trainee report where appropriate, as proof of training.